Casual Dating Ni Kama Road Test?
In layman’s language, if you’re going out for dates and doing relationship-like activities without the commitment of a relationship then you’re dating casually.
It allows you to enjoy each other’s company without any strings attached. This means you can date other people even though you may have a strong emotional and physical connection.
You enjoy spending time together and the best part is it comes with no pressure or expectations to develop into something deeper, therefore, meaning there are no breakups.
While at it, it is important to define the type of casual relationship you are in and whether or not sex can take place to avoid confusion and misplaced feelings. If there are different expectations someone will get hurt.
Can it develop further?
Absolutely! If you find yourself constantly thinking about them and some boundaries have been broken for instance you became intimate or you have started sharing personal details about your lives, you may start to develop deeper feelings for each other.
This is one of the risks for dating casually. It may develop into a relationship after you both realize you have found what you are looking for in each other.
On the flip side, you may grow apart and someone may feel played. Feelings of jealousy and possessiveness may arise when they see you with someone else.
Is it a good idea?
It depends on the outcome you expect and that is why you need to ensure you’re both on the same page from day one.
Although it isn’t for everyone, here are some parameters you can use to check if this is something that may work for you:
- If you have just come out of a long-term relationship or marriage you may want to take it easy and explore the dating scene first before jumping onto another serious commitment. This will help you enjoy some company as you heal and work on yourself.
- Are you a super busy mum or dad working crazy hours with very little time to date? This arrangement may work great for you. If you want that romantic connection without the complexities of a relationship it allows you to do that.
- It allows you to know someone without the pressure of having to define the relationship.
- The flexibility it offers can allow you to see the other person at your own terms.
- You can come to an arrangement where you’re having sex exclusively or there is no sex involved at all.
- One person may develop feelings and become emotionally attached while the other does not feel the same way whatsoever.
- There are high chances of getting hurt especially if you did not communicate your expectations and agree on the boundaries.
- Not everyone takes casual dating seriously and they may begin to take advantage of the situation. They may begin to lie and ignore you altogether even when things were perfectly OK.
- Unless you are sexually exclusive, there is the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases.